Insert planing heads for non-jointed applications of 80 ft. per min. or less.
Using a spiral-cut tool on natural wood can make the cutting process smoother, often dramatically improving finish quality. These advantages are particularly beneficial when cutting material that is cross-grained, knotty, or of a “stringy” layered structure.
• Noise reduction (up to 20 decibels)
• Reduced cutting pressure (up to 20%)
• Reduced tearing
• Less severe cutting action
• Less tendency to create chip dents
• Less raised grain
• Should a knife nick occur, only a single 4-sided insert knife must be rotated or replaced. No grinding required.
• Insert knives uniquely designed with a slight convex curve on the cutting edge to prevent lines from appearing on the wood surface.
Do not mismatch replacement carbide insert knives. All knives must be from the same supplier, in order not to affect balance.
Each head includes a full set of installed inserts.
Confirm appropriate tool diameter when using on first bottom with rebate cutter.
Sizes shown available from stock.